Thursday, September 4, 2008

Posters and whathaveyou

Just thought I'd do a quick post to let you know how things are coming along for the first night. Well, I'm glad to say that I picked up our posters from the print shop this afternoon. I'll be photocopying our DIY flyers tomorrow after work, and tomorrow night will be spent cutting them into neat rectangles. I know how to spend my Friday nights.
Lynsey has been away in Wales being a rock teacher (the stone kind, not the music kind) so I've been scrabbling around at work all week, abusing the printing facilites. In case my boss is reading this, I jest.
I'm starting to get excited about our first night, with it being only a week and two days away. Neither of us have done anything like this before, so I think we're trying to be ultra-prepared and have each got our own provisional playlists drawn up, on spreadsheets no less.
If you get the impression this is kind of an amateurish enterprise, you'd be right. We're just feeling our way at the moment. I don't think either Lynsey or I ever really expected to be putting on our own club night, so it's a bit of a dream come true. We both really want the nights to have a welcoming atmosphere. This is not the kind of club where you have to look a certain way or whatever, we hope none of that comes into it.
Can I post videos here? I don't see why not. I just found this video of The Middle Ones, whom I've been talking up to anyone who'd listen since I saw them at Indietracks earlier in the summer.

1 comment:

Colin said...

I hope you have the best first night ever! I'll be at a wedding (and the music definitely won't be as good as what you two will be playing), but in my head I'll be dancing along with you all from so far away!

rock on,
colin
yow!