Thursday, May 7, 2009

Half My Heart Beats 9 this Saturday

halfmyheartbeatsthree-A6

Just a quick reminder that the next Half My Heart Beats is this Saturday night at The Flying Duck. As ever, we kick off at 11pm and will play new and classic indiepop, 60s girl groups and more.

Personally, I'm struggling to fit everything I want to play into my allotted two hours. Early on you'll hear classic shoegaze from Adorable, Antipodean pop from The Steinbecks and classics from Beat Happening and The Smiths. Later, watch out for The Field Mice, The Wedding Present and Kenickie among others. There may also be a sighting of an actual, real-life Smitten.

Brilliant Glasgow indiepoppers Zoey Van Goey are having their album launch at Stereo earlier in the night, so why not head down there first to see Endor, Second Hand Marching Band and ZVG themselves? We'll definitely be there for as long as we can manage.

As usual, any requests for Saturday will be gratefully received!

PS. I want to give a special mention to three music blogs, Skatterbrain, A Layer Of Chips and All That Ever Mattered for the inspiration they've given me this month when putting my set together.

One thing I've learned since we started Half My Heart Beats is that there's such a monumental amount of great music I've never heard (or even heard of) before, so blogs like those three run by clued-up enthusiasts are something to be treasured.

No comments: