Thursday, May 21, 2009

Half My Heart Beats presents The Lucksmiths - 9th July


The Lucksmiths

In the short space of time Half My Heart Beats has been around, we've had the privilege of putting on some great bands, some bands I never thought would make it to Glasgow. I thought maybe we had peaked early on when The Ballet graced the club in January, but I think this is possibly even more exciting.

After what has seemed like endless toil in trying to secure a venue, we can now announce that we will be hosting one of the world's greatest indiepop bands, The Lucksmiths, at their final Glasgow show before disbanding after 16 glorious years in existence.

The gig will take place on Thursday 9th July at Stereo, 20 Renfield Lane, Glasgow.

On a personal level, I can't tell you what a huge deal it is to be putting on The Lucksmiths in Glasgow. Over the last year I've listened to them twice as much as any other band, and I love them more than I can tell you. I know Lynsey feels the same, so this is massive for us.

To mark this special occasion, we've lined up two great Glasgow bands to support. The Second Hand Marching Band are a collective of 20 or so folk-pop noiseniks who will put a spring in your step, a twinkle in your eye, a butterfly in your stomach and possibly a stirring in your loins. Several band members had to be given CPR on hearing that they would be sharing a stage with The Lucksmiths, bless them.

Also playing are The Felt Tips, one of Glasgow's rising stars of indiepop. Well, several rising stars that together form an ace band. They play glorious jangly songs about rude stuff that may make you blush. You definitely couldn't play one of their records in front of your gran, let's say. We love them all the more for it.

Due to the high level of interest expected for this, the last ever Lucksmiths show in Glasgow, we will be selling tickets in advance from Wegottickets priced at £7.

Facebook event page
last.fm event page

1 comment:

Marianthi said...

Every time I see this photo of the Lucksmiths I get really nervous about the fact that Mark seems to be sitting on the gas cooker with his hand on the ignite thingy. BOOM!

Good luck with this, it's lovely to see you all so excited.