Friday, October 30, 2009

Mini Half My Hearts Beats at The 78!

hmhb 550px

Apologies for the (very) short notice, but Lynsey and I are starting a new monthly night at The 78 on Kelvinhaugh Street, Glasgow. For those of you who don’t know the venue, it’s a really nice pub in the west end that serves vegan food and beer and has DJs (and occasional live music, I think) at night.

It’s all come about quite suddenly so we don’t have a proper name for it yet, or flyers, but it would be ace if some of you could make it along to the first one, which will be on Saturday 31st October (tomorrow!).

In spirit, the new night will be kind of like an offshoot of Half My Heart Beats where we get to play some of the lesser-known indiepop we can’t always pull off at our usual night. I’ll probably play some more shoegazey and dream-poppy stuff and Lynsey will play some more of the folk-type stuff she likes.

We’re on from 9pm to midnight, so it’ll be ideal if you just fancy a quiet drink or as somewhere to go before heading elsewhere. Unfortunately we clash with Little League this month (we always seem to manage clashing with Little League), but we should have the last Saturday of the month slot for future months too if you can’t make it this time.

Facebook event page

-

Also, sorry for not posting the last HMHB playlist or photos yet. I went on holiday straight after it and I've not had time since I got back. They'll be up over the weekend at some point, as will the playlist from tomorrow's thing.

No comments: